CAREERS & INTERNSHIPS
There are no available positions at this time.
Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County is committed to providing a hands-on experience for undergraduate and graduate students studying social work, clinical therapy, child development, or other human services studies.
FAMILY ADVOCATE INTERNSHIPS:
As a Family Advocate Intern, you will have opportunities to work directly with client families, as well as assist our Multi-Disciplinary Team in investigations and manage cases of alleged abuse and neglect. As an intern, you will gain invaluable experience in conducting needs assessments, conducting home visits, supervising court-ordered parent-child visits, observing criminal and civil trials, and understanding how a Multi-Disciplinary Team works.
- Availability: 16 hours in the spring/fall and 20 hours in the summer
- Participate in a mandatory three-day orientation prior to beginning the internship
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass an applicant interview process
- Participate in weekly supervision activities
- Provide a passed TB test
To apply for a Family Advocate Internship, send your resume to:
Janeth Peterson, LMSW
Family Advocate Intern Supervisor
Our Clinical Training Program offers graduate students the opportunity to receive practical experience in multiple therapeutic modalities including play, individual, art, music, family, and group therapies.
Interns Accepted Are:
- Master’s level practicum students
- Licensed Professional Counselor Interns
To apply for a Clinical Internship, send your resume to:
Michelle Rachui, MS, LPC
Practicum Intern Supervisor