CAREERS & INTERNSHIPS
There are no available career opportunities at this time.
Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County is committed to providing a hands-on experience for undergraduate and graduate students studying social work, clinical therapy, child development, or other human services studies.
FAMILY ADVOCATE INTERNSHIPS:
As a Family Advocate Intern, you will have opportunities to work directly with client families, as well as assist our Multi-Disciplinary Team in investigations and manage cases of alleged abuse and neglect. As an intern, you will gain invaluable experience in conducting needs assessments, conducting home visits, supervising court-ordered parent-child visits, observing criminal and civil trials, and understanding how a Multi-Disciplinary Team works.
- Availability: 16 hours in the spring/fall and 20 hours in the summer
- Participate in a mandatory three-day orientation prior to beginning the internship
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass an applicant interview process
- Participate in weekly supervision activities
- Provide a passed TB test
To apply for a Family Advocate Internship, send your resume to:
Samantha Barrett, LMSW
Family Advocate Intern Supervisor
Our Clinical Training Program offers graduate students the opportunity to receive practical experience in multiple therapeutic modalities including: play, individual, art, music, family, and group therapies.
Interns Accepted Are:
- Master’s level practicum students
- Licensed Professional Counselor interns
To apply for a Clinical Internship, send your resume to:
Michelle Rachui, MS, LPC
Practicum Intern Supervisor