CAREERS & INTERNSHIPS
Backup receptionists provide coverage for the regular Receptionist(s) during scheduled and occasional emergency absences (e.g. when on vacation, during special events and meetings, or when sick).
Job Skills Required:
- Prior customer service/business telephone experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to problem-solve and direct calls/clients appropriately
- Ability to function collaboratively within a team environment
- Computer proficiency – MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- – Answer incoming calls and relay to appropriate staff
- Professionally greet clients/guests/vendors and direct appropriately
- Coordinate Fed-Ex/UPS/courier pick-ups and deliveries
- Process USPS mail using a postage meter
- Mailroom maintenance
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Attendance at monthly team meetings
How to apply:
The Grants Accountant reports directly to the VP of Finance, CFO and is responsible for restricted funds and grants accounting; assisting with general ledger and account analysis; and providing backup for the Accounts Payable position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 2-year experience with general ledger and financial statements
- Experience in QuickBooks preferred but not required
- Nonprofit experience preferred but not required
Job Skills Required:
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Word and Excel including complex spreadsheets
- Time management skills and confidentiality
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Process, reconcile, and maintain accounting records for all restricted funding and grant contracts including creating budgets, financial information for grant applications, monthly RFR’s, and financial compliance and reporting.
- Maintain list of staff covered by grants.
- Maintain YTD list of expenses covered/uncovered by grants.
- Prepare daily report of incoming checks and weekly deposit for operating account.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Process Guardian Angel pledge accounting and monthly reconciliation to Raisers Edge.
- Analyze GL accounts and restricted funds.
- Prepare agenda and notes for weekly grants management meetings.
- Prepare GL detail report of monthly income for restricted funds review.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget, annual audit, and IRS Form 990.
- Cross train to provide backup for the Accounts Payable function.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to apply:
No phone calls or third-party agencies regarding this position, please. Applicants will only be considered if they submit a resume and cover letter answering the following questions to: Jobs@caccollincounty.org
- Why candidate qualifies for the position
- Why candidate thinks he/she would be a good fit for this organization
- Salary expectations
Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County is committed to providing a hands-on experience for undergraduate and graduate students studying social work, clinical therapy, child development, or other human services studies.
FAMILY ADVOCACY INTERNSHIPS:
The Family Advocacy and Support Services Department is no longer accepting applicants for the Fall 2020 semester. We are now accepting applications for Spring 2021.
As a Family Advocate Intern Caseworker, you will have opportunities to work directly with client families, as well as assist our Multi-Disciplinary Team in investigations and manage cases of alleged abuse and neglect. As an intern, you will gain invaluable experience in conducting needs assessments, conducting home visits, supervising court-ordered parent-child visits, observing criminal and civil trials, and understanding how a Multi-Disciplinary Team works. Please note, this is an unpaid internship.
- Availability: 16 hours in the spring/fall and 20 hours in the summer
- Participate in a mandatory three-day orientation prior to beginning the internship
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass an applicant interview process
- Participate in weekly supervision activities
- Provide a passed TB test
To apply for a Family Advocate Caseworker Internship, send your resume to:
Janeth Peterson, LMSW
Family Advocate Intern Supervisor
Our Clinical Training Program offers graduate students the opportunity to receive practical experience in multiple therapeutic modalities including play, individual, art, music, family, and group therapies.
Interns Accepted Are:
- Master’s level practicum students
- Licensed Professional Counselor Interns
To apply for a Clinical Internship, send your resume to:
Michelle Rachui, MS, LPC
Practicum Intern Supervisor