CAREERS & INTERNSHIPS
Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Executive Team, Board of Directors, and staff of the Children’s Advocacy Center. The position requires the ability to communicate orally and in writing, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is a must. A minimum of three years of experience as an Administrative Assistant is required. Experience in a non-profit setting is a plus. Qualified applicants may email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Grants Manager reports to the Vice President of Development and is responsible for all grant activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of grant writing experience
- Experience using online donor databases like Raiser’s Edge or SalesForce
Job Skills Required:
- Computer literate in business applications
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to develop collaborative, professional relationships
- Ability to function collaboratively within a team environment
- Researches and identifies new government and private funding prospects
- Generates revenues for agency programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented fundraising proposals
- Maintains master grant calendar to track application deadlines and submission status
- Utilizes Raiser’s Edge to document grant activity throughout the grant cycle
- Maintains electronic copies of grant applications, contracts, correspondence and reports
- Manage government grants, including timely submission of applications, monthly requests for reimbursement (RFRs) and required reports
- Maintain list of designated funds and restrictions
- Reviews monthly activity reports and timesheets to ensure RFRs accurately reflect reimbursable hours
- Coordinates communication between program, finance and development departments to ensure that financial and program information is collected and submitted to donors by reporting deadlines
- Acts as liaison with program staff, grant funding agencies, and organizations
- Special projects as needed
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor to support Development Department
- This position requires occasional night and weekend availability
To be considered for this position, please e-mail your resume to:
VP of Development
Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County is committed to providing a hands-on experience for undergraduate and graduate students studying social work, clinical therapy, child development, or other human services studies.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2019. We are no longer accepting applications for Summer 2019.
FAMILY ADVOCATE INTERNSHIPS:
As a Family Advocate Intern, you will have opportunities to work directly with client families, as well as assist our Multi-Disciplinary Team in investigations and manage cases of alleged abuse and neglect. As an intern, you will gain invaluable experience in conducting needs assessments, conducting home visits, supervising court-ordered parent-child visits, observing criminal and civil trials, and understanding how a Multi-Disciplinary Team works. Please note, this is an unpaid internship.
- Availability: 16 hours in the spring/fall and 20 hours in the summer
- Participate in a mandatory three-day orientation prior to beginning the internship
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass an applicant interview process
- Participate in weekly supervision activities
- Provide a passed TB test
To apply for a Family Advocate Internship, send your resume to:
Janeth Peterson, LMSW
Family Advocate Intern Supervisor
Our Clinical Training Program offers graduate students the opportunity to receive practical experience in multiple therapeutic modalities including play, individual, art, music, family, and group therapies.
Interns Accepted Are:
- Master’s level practicum students
- Licensed Professional Counselor Interns
To apply for a Clinical Internship, send your resume to:
Michelle Rachui, MS, LPC
Practicum Intern Supervisor