Volunteers are an essential part of Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County. We are incredibly grateful for the numerous hours spent by our volunteers; their organization and maintenance of the Center and event coordination enables us to provide services for our clients year-round. Volunteer Requirements:
- Minimum age to volunteer is 21 years old
- All volunteers must receive comprehensive training
- An interview
- Must pass a criminal and Family And Protective Services background check
No Rainbow Room volunteer positions are available at this time.
Rainbow Room volunteers work exclusively in the Rainbow Room on Tuesday mornings. They help inventory new donations, stock and straighten shelves, assist with shopping for the Rainbow Room, and organize the Rainbow Room and storage areas.
If you are interested in volunteering please email your completed application to Kara Shrum as outlined below and you should hear from us shortly.
- Must be prepared for regular weekly volunteering attendance for a minimum of 4 hours
- To apply, send application to Kara Shrum, Corporate Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Storage organization and shelf building
- Planting small plants and flowers
- Landscaping – trim hedges, pull weeds
- Donate/install decomposed granite
- Painting – interior/exterior
- Washing windows
- Parking lot striping
- Window tinting
- Tile grouting
*For groups of 25 or more, the Center will coordinate and schedule a volunteer day.
**Smaller groups or individuals interested in volunteering, stay tuned for more information on our bi-annual Volunteer Days.
- For ideas and coordination for an Eagle Scout or Gold Award Project, please contact Director of Facilities and Operations, Belinda Ressler, at email@example.com
Interested in giving back to the children of Collin County in a meaningful way? Become a part of The Kids Count Players! They are a volunteer puppet troop and a project of Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County. These dynamic volunteers perform for kindergarten through second-grade students, educating them about personal safety, boundaries, private touches, and the difference between surprises and secrets. The program provides children with critical information to help them stay safe from abuse. To learn more about volunteering as a Player or to preview a show, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications may be returned via mail, fax, e-mail, or dropped off with CACCC receptionist.
Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County
Attn: Corporate Relations Manager, Kara Shrum
2205 Los Rios Blvd. Plano, Texas 75074
For questions, please feel free to contact:
Kara Shrum, Corporate Relations Manager
Fax: 972.516.5754 | Office: 972.633.6614 | Email: email@example.com